Hailed as the 'future of hazardous area lighting' when it launched in 2009, the HDL106 range was game-changing. Utilising the latest in LED technology, the floodlight could generate as much illumination as a SON, MBI or other typical floodlight with a 40% reduction in weight! Customers could also inter-link up to four modules for an increased output and select from multiple beam options to create a solution that perfectly fitted their needs.
However, shortly after Chalmit acquired Hadar in January 2017, HSE released a bulletin regarding the HDL106 and other Hadar products. During a routine assessment, CSA-Sira found issues with Hadar's production process and control measures. In particular, some samples failed Ingress Protection (IP Tests).
Chalmit have responded to the bulletin by applying their core mantra for safety, quality and reliability. The HDL106 has undergone the same rigorous in-house and third party testing as all Chalmit products, to ensure that every single fitting not only meets but exceeds market and site expectations. The luminaires have all been fitted with a new diffuser that ensures that the HDL106N satisfies the impact requirements and IP ratings for its complete product ambient range.
"Our aim with the HDL106N has been to bring back the 'future of hazardous area lighting' and after working closely with CSA we believe we've achieved just that." said Ken Eddleston, lighting product manager for Chalmit. "We're re-introducing a much-loved product to the market with the absolute assurance of safety and reliability that our customers have come to expect from all Chalmit products."
The HDL106N range provides:
- Instant on crisp white light output
- Marine grade construction
- Multiple beam options
- Extensive ambient range: -20°C to +50°C (T4) / +59.5°C (T3)
- Full ATEX and IECEx certification
- Zone 1, Zone 2 and Industrial Variants
- Multiple mounting options including: floodlight, pendant, high bay, pole/column, streetlighting and bulkhead
- A lightweight (6kg per module) lighting solution
- Modular design allowing up to four interlinked luminaires
- High energy efficiency
- 80,000 maintenance free hours at 25°C
- Lower power consumption than HID lamps.
Discover more about the HDL106N Modular Floodlight range here or contact our experts to discuss your hazardous area lighting project in great detail at [email protected]